Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Nightmares

Aside from the usual symptoms of fatigue, nausea (in the evenings), bloating and vomiting, my heartburn and nightmares have worsened.

Heartburn is a constant struggle but I've managed to find a safe, natural solution to combat the overwhelming discomfort: a glass of milk :)

The nightmares continue and seem to be getting more bizarre. One minute I'm fighting robots and the next I'm making a bomb like MacGyver! (Apparently, nightmares are common for pregnant women). My most bizarre dream yet was about someone (I won't say who, but it is not Elijah) trying to assassinate me! HOW CRAZY!!! It seems like everyone around me is dreaming about my baby (Elijah, my mom, our friends even) but all I get are stupid nightmares that make no sense and are really ridiculous! On average I get 2 a night (that I can remember). One night I had 3 nightmares! And those are just the ones I remember. Another dream i had was pretty shocking, I was being eaten alive by millions of little red ants! Woke up before they reached my face. And another dream had me acting out the events in the Matthew Reilly book "Contest" where I would fight strange creatures from different planets. By the way, if you haven't read that book, you really should.

Anyway, for now I've become immune to the nonsense rolling around in my head during my unconscious hours. I can laugh about it now and only hope I have fewer dreams in the future to annoy me.

3 comments:

  1. Father in heaven,though people say nightmares are common for pregnant women but Father we believe You give us sweet sleep. Father, we humbly ask of you that you grant Sarah Low sweet and peaceful sleep .when she sleeps, her sleep will be sweet, thank you Father. If she were to dream, give her beautiful dreams,Father.
    In the name of Jesus we ask and pray, Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You. I've definitely had fewer dreams lately.

    ReplyDelete