Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Traveller's Life

I've never really thought about travelling before. It has always come naturally and is easy for me. But something has changed. I still love travelling, but as I find myself pregnant and getting closer to moving to the US to set up house for a few months I struggle with the thought of leaving friends and family behind (even if only for a short period). 

As most of my travels have been a month or shorter, I've never looked back when leaving because I knew I would return shortly. Each place I visit on my travels feels like home. With friends all over the globe, when travelling I feel like I'm going from one home to the next.

But now I can't help but choke back tears when I think of leaving friends and family behind. And yet I am going 'home'. Back to the place I grew up, to the place where most of my family lives. 

Reflecting on the commonly used saying: "Home is where the heart is" I realise now that the heart is always where family is. And so my home is anyplace with family. Going back to the US is going to be an adventure and getting ready for a little one will be challenging but what better place to do it than surrounded by family!

1 comment:

  1. "the heart is always where family is" This is indeed true! They are the one who'll always be there or if they can't, they'll be the one who always be supporting you:)

    Cheer and all the best for you:D

    ReplyDelete