Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Wait

We've finished all the classes, all the preparations, and all the last minute errands. Now the wait begins. It could be a matter of days at this point.

There are no more doctor appointments before she is due to arrive. But I have one scheduled after her due date on the 28th, just in case. She has always had her own plans and she clearly has a mind of her own, so she will decide when it is time and no one can convince her otherwise!

God has been so good to me during this pregnancy. I've had so many different doctors see me over the last few weeks and each one has pointed out that i've had a very straightforward pregnancy. How true. It has been easy. Despite the changes in my body, which I thought would be a problem, God has really had His hand on this pregnancy and has prepared me each step of the way. The biggest thing He has done for me is prepared me mentally to be a mom. At each major change and transition in the last 9 months, He has kept me calm and relaxed. Decisions never became too overwhelming to handle.

A lot of guys have said to me that there is nothing to prepare for and when the baby finally arrives nothing else matters. But what guys don't understand is that the process of becoming a mom starts from the moment of conception. It is a change not only physically but mentally as well. Pregnancy is something guys can never understand as they can never experience it, except from a distance. It can be scary, overwhelming, and very emotional at times. Having said this, I must also say that I've been blessed with such a good husband, who went out of his way to understand me at every stage and change and never made light of what I was going through. His involvement and support during this pregnancy has made it easy for me to adjust and I couldn't have made it this far without him!

With all this time on my hands now, my mind could potentially go into over drive trying to understand the journey and how I got this far. What I think is important now is to wait patiently for God's timing, for it won't be long! Who knows, maybe this will be my last blog post before she arrives!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment