Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Hot Pregnancy

When I left Malaysia, I thought things would be easier with the weather in Madison. Less humidity is something I was really looking forward to. But then I got to Madison and I can't stand the dry heat! Based on the weather app, there is hardly any difference!


This coming week will be cooler I hope. But the weather here can also be unpredictable.


This is so frustrating. August seems to be the hottest month and we have some rain which cools things down but then it also brings on the humidity (though not as much as Malaysia). I also realized how much I have relied on the air conditioning in Malaysia. In my father's house there is no central air conditioning. There is a window unit in our bedroom and a portable one in the kitchen/dining room. Despite this, I still struggle with the heat. Perhaps it is just being pregnant. But then I look at Elijah and he seems to be suffering just as much as me.

We have decided that on the hottest days, we will go to the library in town and set up office! The library offers book rentals straight to our iPads! It's a pretty cool library and well air conditioned. And I can read all the baby books they have!

I'm very glad the little one is coming in late September when things cool down. I've heard from friends and family that babies born in summer are very hard to keep cool and take care of. Looks like the little one and I will be eating lots of ice cream to stay cool this summer! The price I pay to stay cool :)

1 comment:

  1. In a nutshell, what you're experiencing right now is called the Global Warming. 8D

    ReplyDelete