Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Thumping


For a while now I've noticed that the LO will start thumping between 10 and 11 at night. It is every night without fail. At first I thought it was only when I laid down on my left side (which does trigger it sometimes), but the thumping started last night while I was still sitting up and wide awake.

It literally is a rhythmic thumping movement that is not rough or sharp but deliberate and consistent. For the life of me, I can't figure out what she is up to. Elijah thinks she is drumming! But we don't have any drummers in either of our families so where did that come from.

At first this worried me and I thought something might be wrong. But I know now she is fine as she is active throughout the day and sleeps most of the night without interruption. Then I thought it might be hiccups. But what are the chances that she would get the hiccups around the same time every night and several hours after I've eaten. Wouldn't she get the hiccups right after I've eaten? When the flavor of my meal can be tasted in the amniotic fluid (that is when babies swallow more)?

I'm keen to see my doctor on Tuesday and ask her about it. I hope she has an answer.

2 comments:

  1. O Miss Thumper. Think she's counting down to her days to evacuate. B-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Joshua!:) anyway, hope to see your updates about what the doctor gonna says soon, take care:)

    ReplyDelete