Friday, August 12, 2011

The Time to Panic

This soon to be mommy has a billion things left to do! They say pregnancy creates an instinct or urge to prepare the home for the upcoming newborn! When will my nesting instinct kick in?

Haven't washed her clothes or blankets yet!

Haven't set up her crib/bassinet! -Which was given by my sis-in-law.

Haven't packed my hospital bag! - Which is so unlike me because i'm not a last minute packer.

Haven't finalized my birth plan! - I'm hoping the doc will help me with that.

Haven't bought her car seat! - By far the most important thing in my opinion otherwise she can't come home from the hospital.

Haven't finished reading all the books and material the hospital gave me! - I had 9 months and I can't think where all the time went.

My last 2 birthing classes are in September and one of them is 2 weeks before my due date! That was me procrastinating and refusing to sign up earlier :(

Non pregnancy related, I have my road test on September 2nd because I don't have my license and that is the earliest I can schedule it… oh and it is at 7:25am! No choice… the next test would have been in October. I will either be very pregnant then or have a 1 week old baby. YIKES!

Oh and I'm planning to attend all the late summer/autumn festivals (corn festival, watermelon seed speed spitting competition, Tastes of Wisconsin festival, etc)  i've dearly missed over the years while away, most of which are in September!

Despite everything I need to do, i'm surprisingly calm and relaxed… where did that come from??? I asked Elijah the other night when I was suppose to start panicking about this baby and everything that still needs to be done. He said there was no need to panic… until I go into labor and reach the hospital. I suspect he was referring to when he would start panicking!

1 comment:

  1. When your mother's instinct kicks in, you will start doing all motherly stuff without having to finish reading all the books! 8D

    God has built in us the instinct.

    If not, where or who do you think Adam & Eve learnt parenting from? 8D

    ReplyDelete