Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The 24 week scan and Pregnancy Highlights

The 24 week scan went very well. Managed to pass some baby cake to my doctor! For the doubting Thomas' out there, I asked my doctor to check again to make sure he did not make a mistake with the gender. So he scanned over to her back end and showed me her very tiny little butt and the "white lines" that indicate girl (as opposed to a boy that would show what looks like swelling between the legs). I admit, that I was beginning to second guess the doctor's assessment after hearing all the stories that people are so willing to share regarding someone they know having a boy when they thought it was a girl. Now, I have complete confidence in my doctor and I saw with my own eyes that she is all girl!

24 Weeks - Head on right (can clearly see eyes, nose and mouth)

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 weeks
Size of baby: Corn
Maternity Clothes: Finally got a pair of maternity jeans, that are a bit big for now and some new dresses that I love! Most of my tops ride up over my belly button, so they are in the storage bin for now :)
Gender: 100% GIRL
Name: We've selected the first name but can't seem to find the right middle name just yet.
Movement: She is an active little one… her punches are soft, but her kicks are strong! She settles down when I play the music from the baby snow globe Grandma and Grandpa Low gave her!
Heartbeat: 136 beats per minute!
What I miss: Bak Kut The, peanut butter and soft serve ice cream
Symptoms: Occasional heartburn and swollen ankles. There is certainly no shortage of backaches by the middle of the day.
Medications: Prenatal vitamins, Calcium and Omega 3 
Best Moment this week: The doctor appointments are always my favorite!
Funny Moment this week: My baby brain gets annoying at times, I tried turning on the air con with my phone!

24 week scan details:
Estimated Fetal Weight: 757 grams
Head: 60.3mm (equivalent to 24wks 4 days)
Abdominal Circumference: 196.3mm (equivalent to 24wks 2day)
Femur Length: 46.7mm (equivalent to 25wks 4day)

Translating these numbers: Basically the baby is right on schedule, development is normal and she is tall (hmmm, I wonder where she gets that from)!

No comments:

Post a Comment