Friday, June 3, 2011

The First Letter

My mom was inspired to write the baby a letter, she read it to me and I nearly cried. So I thought I would share it all with you. Baby's first letter from Grandma Bristol!


Dear Little One,
How wonderful it is to know you will arrive in September and be the center of everyone’s admiration and love. You have already commanded everyone’s attention.
I have followed your growth and activity since we knew you were more than a desire.  It has been fun for me to experience your Mommy’s wonderment that you were growing inside her. She and Daddy have written Baby Journals and weekly blogs to keep everyone informed and entertained. We saw her bump grow and we even saw ultrasounds of you. So precious!
What fun we had at the G.A.P. celebration. Mom and Dad announced your gender at the party. Mom was shocked and so happy as they sliced and pulled out a pink  chunk of cake. I could see clearly on Dad’s beaming face the joy and happiness as I measured the width of his smile. I could easily see he was truly thrilled about having a little girl to spoil. Later Mom mentioned how much fun Dad had picking out your first clothes. Mostly ALL pink, of course.
Soon you will be born in Madison at the same hospital your Mommy was born in 24 years earlier. How special for her.
It may be difficult for me to fly to the states for your birth but I will not miss any of the excitement thanks to skype. I will for sure see you face to face and hold you at Christmas. I can hardly wait!
In the meantime, be good to Mom and Dad and Grandpa. See you in September.

Love you more than I can say,
GRAM

1 comment: