Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Movements

Its amazing how fast things really move when pregnant. Of course waiting nine months to see the baby isn't all that fast. However, progressing from one stage and new development to the next takes place fairly quickly.

The most amazing change yet is feeling the baby kick, punch, squirm, and have the hiccups. I admit, sometimes its unpleasant, especially with a full bladder or when I really want to sleep, but most times it is enjoyable and fun to sit, relax and try to anticipate the baby's next move!

I first felt her move at 19 weeks and now i feel like a pro at recognizing movement. I know when she is having the hiccups or when she kicks. Punching is generally softer and not noticeable by looking at my tummy. She is fairly active after meals and in the evening.

I often wonder how Elijah feels not being able to experience the kicks firsthand. I want to feel bad for him and all dads-to-be, yet a small part of me is happy because it is something only I share with my little girl. After all, in 3 short months, I will have to share her with the rest of the world!

1 comment:

  1. no worries..Elijah will get to touch & feel it with BIG movement during ur 7/8mths pregnancy :p

    ReplyDelete