Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Pregnancy Brain




For those reading this that have had a partner who was pregnant at one time or other, you may relate to the strange behavior I will now write about.

Pregnancy brain. A simple concept but one that can be frustrating and annoying for both the pregnant woman and her spouse. Other words used to describe 'pregnancy brain' are ditzy, flaky, brain fog, clumsy, dippy and scatterbrained (just to name a few). If you still haven't figured it out by now, it refers to the forgetfulness and sometimes bizarre behavior that results from being pregnant. Some say it is hormones, other say they can't explain it but it is a very real 'symptom' of pregnancy. Let me give you some examples.

On one occasion I actually stepped into the shower with my bra still on! I can't explain it, but it is a very strange feeling to forget something so basic.

At another time I tried to turn on the air con with my phone… What's that about? No explanation.

Later that day I found the remote control in my makeup case... in the bathroom. Elijah saw it there and didn't say anything, he probably didn't want to ask!

Another good example of my ditzy brain, happened one morning while I was getting ready. After I finished getting ready, I told Elijah that we could leave anytime. He gave me a funny look and asked if I was sure that I wanted to dress that way. I looked down to figure out what could possibly be wrong with my chosen attire and found that I was still wearing my pajama bottoms. Apparently, I had done my makeup, combed my hair and changed my top. But I had forgotten to change my bottoms! I'm so glad Elijah was there to warn me. That could have been a very embarrassing situation had I gone out alone.

Now that you all have had a good laugh at my expense, I have nothing more to say, except that none of these events can be explained, so "It's the baby's fault!"

3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed reading this......so funny.....only you....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yes I'm a scatterbrain for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny.

    If you're the scatterbrain, Elijah is the gatherbrain!

    ReplyDelete